Update: Today Sucked

Ok, so I went to bed with the hope I would be well enough to teach. However, I woke up in extreme discomfort at 4am, could not fall back asleep because of it until nearly 6am, at which point my fever was high, my throat was swollen, and I cancelled class. You’d think this would be the end of it, but no.

I received a bounced back email stating that the dept secretary was out of the office and that I needed to contact to dept chair with urgent business. So I emailed him, and then called at 8am and 9am. No answer. I called the general office several times in hopes that someone would come in. Well, 9:20, someone arrived at the office and could post a sign for my 9:30 class. Thanks a lot, Brooklyn College.

I also had a paper due today. Not a long one, but over the week, my attempts to write it resulted in me passing out in a pool of my own sweat. Today was no different. I actually slept pretty solid from 8am to 1pm, which was both good and terrible because I had only written two paragraphs. I wrote what I could in three hours, and went to the Grad Center to turn in my paper before visiting my doctor, who was two blocks from school.

Well, turns out that during the 30 minutes I was at school printing my paper and scanning a document for my students, the chair from Brooklyn College came in and saw me there. What are the odds? Seriously, the world is out to get me. And so I submitted a paper that was half the length it was supposed to be and was “caught out” after calling in sick, which I was. I still had a fever over 100 and a swollen throat, but yet I was at school. Dammit.

Anyway. I submitted my paper and walked in shame to the doctor to get some horse pills.

I am so legitimately sick and yet there is no way he’ll trust me. I even have a doctor’s note, but just seeing me at the computer…

I want this week to go away. It’s been really mean to me.

1 Comment

  1. Skip says:

    I hope this next one will work out better for you!

    (it certainly would have to work hard to be worse)